Our latest video provides a complete overview and step-by-step installation of the WeBoost Drive 4G-X cellular booster, including our custom flat-mount of the spring-loaded 4G-OTR truck antenna on the roof of our RV.
While the standard magnet-mount “stubby” antenna is probably fine in the majority of situations, we opted to upgrade to the spring-loaded trucker antenna for the increased performance. Since it’s not really designed for an RV roof, and we didn’t have another suitable location to mount it, we came up with our own solution. While there are surely many ways to skin this cat, we’re very happy with our results.
Your installation may vary based on a number of factors, including antenna choice, mounting location for both the antenna and the interior booster, and the type of roof material on your RV. We cover all of those variables in this overview and installation tutorial.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER EXCELLENT WEBOOST RESOURCES:
THE GURUS OF MOBILE CONNECTIVITY:
We’ve learned most of what we know about mobile connectivity from our friends Chris & Cherie, the Jedi Masters of getting online anywhere: http://rvmobileinternet.com
$5 off first year’s membership with coupon code “MIAGEEKS” at http://rvmobileinternet.com/membership
WHEELINGIT’S WEBOOST EXPERIENCE:
Check out our friends Nina & Paul’s great article & video here: http://wheelingit.us/2016/11/28/easy-rv-mod-the-weboost-drive-4g-x-otr-cellular-booster-kit/
RV WITH TITO’S WEBOOST SYSTEM:
Our friends Brian & Melissa also use WeBoost. View their overview and video here: http://www.rvwithtito.com/articles/stay-connected-4g-signal-booster
DRIVIN’ & VIBIN’ REVIEW THEIR WEBOOST:
See our friends Kyle & Olivia’s review: https://drivinvibin.com/2016/08/21/weboost-otr-4g-x-cell-booster-product-review/
And for more information about their full range of products, visit WeBoost’s Website.
Recent & Related Videos:
- What’s Inside Our RV Technology Cabinet? Geek Tech!
- Boost Your RV WiFi Signal — Installing a WiFiRanger Elite Pack
- WiFiRanger Update: Improved Internet Access
- DOUBLE Slide Topper/Awning Discounts, Installation Tips + RVgeeks Quartzsite Appearance!
- Roadmaster Towbar Follow-Up
Featured & Related Products:
Needed to install either antenna (4G-OTR or 4″ Stubby Magnet Mount):
- WeBoost Drive 4G-X Cellular Booster (get 10% off any booster purchase of $100 or more if you sign up for the WeBoost Newsletter!)
- 3M VHB 5952 Tape (0.75″ wide x 5 yards)
- Adhesive Cable Tie Mounts
- Cable Ties – 11″ UV Stabilized
- Dicor Self-Levelling Lap Sealant
- Caulk Gun
Needed for 4G-OTR antenna installation:
- WeBoost 4G-OTR Spring-Mount Trucker/RV Antenna
- 6″ x 6″ x 0.25″ Aluminum Plate
- 1″ square x 2″ long Aluminum Blocks (set of 2… order 2 sets)
Needed for Stubby Magnet Mount antenna installation:
Optional installation items: