As working-age full-time RVers running our business online, our technology needs might be a bit higher than most. But plenty of our gear would be useful for anyone. Come along for a tour as we share our Geek Tech!
John is our resident technology guru, so he’s giving the video tour (with a gracious introduction by Peter). Since tech changes so rapidly, it probably goes without saying that our 11-year-old motorhome has undergone some high-end mods to get where it is today. And because tech continues to advance every year, you can bet that our set-up will look different a few years from now, too.
If we were retired (or part-timers), all this tech would either be pure luxury, or more likely, we’d do without a fair amount of it. That adds yet another positive aspect to working full-time on the road — we can justify the expense of keeping our gear pretty cutting-edge because it’s all stuff we need for work (pay no attention to the Apple TV behind the curtain). wink
P.S… you may have noticed that there’s one omission from our tech cabinet: cellular boosting. As we mentioned, technology (especially in the cellular arena) is always evolving, and we’re currently evaluating options (utilizing the sage guidance of our friends and connectivity experts, Cherie & Chris at RVMobileInternet.com). Expect to see a future video on that topic.
Recent & Related Videos:
- 21st Century RV Leveling — LevelMatePRO
- Boost Your RV WiFi Signal — Installing a WiFiRanger Elite Pack
- WiFiRanger Update: Improved Internet Access
- Xantrex 3000-watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Charger Upgrade
Featured & Related Products & Services:
- Airport Extreme Wireless Router
- QNAP 6-Bay NAS Enclosure
- Western Digital 4TB Disk
- WiFiRanger Elite Pack (use coupon code “WFRGEEKS” for 5% off)
- Surge Protector/Power Strip
- APC Uninterruptible Power Supply
- TP-Link Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- 50′ CAT6 Ethernet Cable
- Apple TV
- 3-port HDMI Switch
- 3′ HDMI Extension Cable
- 15′ Braided HDMI Cable
- Apple Lightning-to-HDMI AV Adapter
- 15.4″ MacBook Pro with 2.8ghz Intel Quad-Core i7 and 1TB SSD
- Xantrex 3000-watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Charger
- Xantrex System Control Panel (SCP)
- Xantrex Network Cable Adapter (use existing 4-wire cable instead of running new 6-wire)
- LevelMatePRO Bluetooth Vehicle Leveling System
We're handy RVers, not professional technicians. We're happy with the techniques and products we use, but be sure to confirm that all methods and materials you use are compatible with your equipment and abilities. Regardless of what we recommend, consult a professional if you're unsure about working on your RV. Any task you perform or product you purchase based on any information we provide is strictly at your own risk.
We sometimes receive products for evaluation at no cost, but our opinions are our own and we only feature products we personally use, love and can recommend to friends with complete confidence. The RVgeeks participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.