After the blast we had at Bluesfest, we want to see more of this beautiful area, including the magnificent Cape Byron Lighthouse, perched on the easternmost point of mainland Australia. So we’ve relocated to our second Big4 Holiday Park, right here in Byron Bay. From our experience so far, Big4’s reputation as Australia’s premier place to caravan is well earned.
When visiting a new destination for the first time, nothing beats having a friend who’s a local. After our serendipitous meeting in California with Russell Mills of the Legendary Pacific Coast, and reconnecting with him again at the Bluesfest yesterday, Russell is indeed a friend. And living right here in Byron Bay, he’s a local one for sure.
As with so many people drawn to the Pacific Coast here, Russell is a surfer. We’re honored and grateful (and also feel a little bad) that he interrupted a morning surf session to take us out exploring his beautiful town. We hope he didn’t feel a twinge of remorse for his generosity when we spotted dozens of other surfers catching the morning waves. At least Russell lives right here and can take advantage of the surf often. We know he’s always ready, because his surfboard took up a fair amount of space in the car. 😉
- Official Trip Announcement – We’re Going Down Under!
- Melbourne, Australia Beachfront Boondocking
- Tasmanian Devil Feeding Frenzy!
- Preparing to Drive on the Left in Dunedin, NZ
- Akaroa, NZ Waterfront Freedom Camping
- Freedom Camping on the Mohaka River near Napier, NZ
- RVgeeks Interviewed by the Legendary Pacific Coast team
- Picking Up Our Campervan. We’re On the Road in OZ!
- Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- How To Hook-Up & Dump Tanks on an Australian Campervan
- Duck-Billed Platypus Hunting in Australia’s Atherton Tablelands
- Australia Campervan Tour
- Magnetic Island & Koalas In The Wild!
- The Whitsunday Islands: Float Plane to Spectacular Whitehaven Beach
- Kangaroos & Wallabies on the Beach at Sunrise
- Brekky on the Barbie
- Boondockers Welcome in OZ, Plus a Honkin’ Custom Outback-Ready RV!
- Australia Driving Q&A – David Barnes Driving School
- Australia Campervan Awning Set-up Time-Lapse
- Byron Bay Bluesfest & Legendary Pacific Coast Planning