In Part 2 of our battery & electrical upgrade project, we’ll be removing the battery tray, getting it cut in two and welded back together… just a little wider. While the Xantrex e-GEN lithium battery is over 100 lbs lighter than the four AGM house batteries it will replace, it’s about 3″ wider.
Newmar had the tray designed to fit the 6 batteries that came with our RV – two chassis (engine/start) batteries and four deep-cycle “house” batteries. Luckily for us, the opening into the battery compartment is wider than the tray. So we’ll be taking it to a welder to enlarge it as much as possible, filling the entire compartment.
Well, actually, we’ll be cutting off the end of the compartment itself, and enlarging that as well, to fill the entire opening. That will give us enough space to fit both the new Xantrex e-GEN lithium battery, the two Full Throttle batteries, made by Fullriver (which are the exact same size as the flooded lead-acid batteries they’re replacing) AND the BMS (battery monitoring system) for the e-GEN.
When we find RV products we absolutely love, we’re thrilled to be able to add them to our Discounts Page. We’re pleased to announce that Glendinning Products is now offering RVgeeks viewers a $70 DISCOUNT on their brand new CRRA50 50′ power cord reel (the exact same one we just installed). Order factory-direct from their store at GlendinningProds.com and use Coupon Code “RVGEEKS” at checkout to SAVE $70.00!
NOTE: The discount is valid only on the CRRA50
Hughes Autoformers also offers RVgeeks viewers a special discount. SAVE 10% when you order either a 30-amp (Model #RV2130-SP) or 50-amp (Model #RV220-50-SP) factory-direct at HughesAutoformers.com. Use Coupon Code “RVGEEKS” at checkout to get 10% OFF!
If you don’t know what an autoformer does, check out our video.
NOTE: The discount doesn’t apply to any other Hughes products, but these are the latest models, newer than our own!
Thanks to all of the fine companies that are participating in this project for providing the expertise, equipment and service required to get this big job done.
- Read more about the Freedom e-GEN Lithium System
- Watch Xantrex’s Playlist of videos about the Freedom e-Gen System
- Full Throttle Series AGMs by Fullriver Batteries
- Glendinning Products
- The brand new cord reel model we’re installing is now available directly from Glendinning.
- Hughes Autoformers (keep in mind that Hughes offers a special discount to RVgeeks viewers!)
- DNA Custom Fabrication
- Pacific Mobile Power Systems
Stay tuned as our exciting project unfolds!
Recent & Related Videos:
- RV Lithium/AGM Battery & Electrical System Upgrade – Part 1: Project Intro
- Xantrex Inverter/Charger Installation
- Xantrex AGS & ComBox Installation
- How to Replace an RV Battery Bank
- Protect Your RV From Low Voltage – Hughes Autoformer
- How To Install The WeBoost Drive 4G-X Cellular Booster & 4G-OTR Antenna
- RV Maintenance: Part One — First Truck Centre
- RV Maintenance: Part Two — Decision Making + A Ticking Time Bomb!
- Newmar New Aire — First Impression: Space & Quality
Featured & Related Products: