This post may contain affiliate links.
If you’ve been watching our video series about upgrading our batteries and electrical system, you’ll surely want to see our first update on how things are going so far. We’ve been putting the systems through their paces for the past 3 1/2 months, and it’s time to share our first impressions of what it’s like… especially our 600 Ah Xantrex Freedom e-GEN house battery!
Thanks to all of the fine companies that are participating in this project for providing the expertise, equipment and service required to get this big job done.
- Read more about the Freedom e-GEN Lithium System
- Watch Xantrex’s Playlist of videos about the Freedom e-Gen System
- Full Throttle Series AGMs by Fullriver Batteries
- Glendinning Products – The brand new cord reel model we’ve installed (the CRMA50-12-RV50) is now available directly from Glendinning.
- Hughes Autoformers (Save 10% on your entire purchase with coupon code “RVGEEKS”)
- DNA Custom Fabrication
- Pacific Mobile Power Systems
Recent & Related Videos:
- RV Lithium/AGM Battery & Electrical System Upgrade – Part 5 – Power Cord Reel Installation
- RV Lithium/AGM Battery & Electrical System Upgrade – Part 4: Lithium Battery Installation
- RV Lithium/AGM Battery & Electrical System Upgrade – Part 3: Cord Reel Removal
- RV Lithium/AGM Battery & Electrical System Upgrade – Part 2: Battery Tray Expansion
- RV Lithium/AGM Battery & Electrical System Upgrade – Part 1: Project Intro
- Protect Your RV From Low Voltage – Hughes Autoformer
- Xantrex Inverter/Charger Installation
- Xantrex AGS & ComBox Installation
- How to Replace an RV Battery Bank
- Plugging in an RV (Dog Bones 101)
- The Best RV Leveling Pads (Utility Blocks)
- How To Install The WeBoost Drive 4G-X Cellular Booster & 4G-OTR Antenna
- RV Maintenance: Part One — First Truck Centre
- RV Maintenance: Part Two — Decision Making + A Ticking Time Bomb!
- Newmar New Aire — First Impression: Space & Quality
Featured & Related Products:
- Glendinning CRMA50-12-RV50 Power Cord Reel (save $70 with Coupon Code RVGEEKS)
- Hughes Autoformers (use Coupon Code RVGEEKS to save 10% on a 30- or 50-amp Hughes Autoformer)
- Xantrex Freedom SW 3000 Watt Inverter/Charger
- Full Throttle Batteries, made by Fullriver
- Thermo-Tec Cool-It Insulating Mat (24″ x 48″)
- Thermo-Tec Spray Adhesive
- Thermo-Tec Self-Adhesive Heat Reflective Tape (1.5″ x 15′ Roll)
Even though we're handy RVers, we're not professional technicians. So although we're happy with the techniques and products we use, you should be sure to confirm that all methods and materials are compatible with your equipment and abilities. Regardless of what we recommend, consult a professional if you're unsure about working on your RV. Any task you perform or product you purchase based on any information we provide is strictly at your own risk.