Sloped campsites are a fact of life for RVers. Most of us have to deal with un-level sites fairly often, especially when we’re camping in remote, unimproved locations. Even though leveling a motorhome isn’t particularly complicated, there are a few important things to keep in mind. Here’s how we do it, plus we’re giving away some great prizes in our latest RVgeeks Contest!
Even if you own a 5th wheel or travel trailer vs a motorhome, some of these steps still apply. Plus, the prizes we’re giving away are something that every RVer will want to win. So don’t tune out just because your RV doesn’t have a built-in jack system!
Your RV’s leveling procedures may be different than ours, but many of the concepts are the same. Even though we have a computerized system, we demonstrate how to level using the manual controls, just in case your rig does’t have an automatic mode.
We shot this video on a mostly-level concrete site, so jack pads weren’t needed. But when the slope gets too far off-level and/or the ground is soft, you’ll need a good quality set of leveling blocks. We happen to own the best ones on the market. 😉
Featured & Related Products:
- LevelMatePRO and LevelMatePRO+
- Utility Blocks – Pack of 4
- Utility Blocks – Single
- Viair 400P-RV Air Compressor
- PressurePro 4-Sensor TPMS System
- Additional PressurePro 2 Sensor Kits
- Flexible Cutting Boards
- Aerospace 303 UV Protectant
- Accutire Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
- Infrared Temperature Gun
- Camco Super Wheel Chocks
- Double-Seal, Inflate-Through Valve Caps – 4 Pack
Recent & Related Videos:
- 21st Century RV Leveling. Check Out The LevelMatePRO!
- How to Level an RV Without Jacks, Plus a New Giveaway!
- Leveling Travel Trailers & 5th Wheels — First Time, Every Time
- The Best RV Leveling Blocks (an overview of our superb Utility Blocks)
↓↓ SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW THE WINNERS ↓↓
On Sunday, November 16th, 2014 at 5:00PM Pacific Time, five lucky RVgeeks viewers will each win a set of four Utility Blocks, with a total retail value of nearly $350! Use the form below to enter for your chance to win a set of these awesome jack pads. We’ve been using ours for about a year and a half and know you’ll love them as much as we do!
INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING BY DOING ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Enter once each day (to prevent ballot box stuffing, one entry per day is the limit)
- Tweet about this contest (you can do this once a day, too!)
- Pin the contest on Pinterest
- Share the contest with your friends!
NOTE: The form gives you the option of including your phone number with your entry. The ONLY reason we ask for that is to ensure that we are able to quickly contact the winners. Your phone number will not be used for ANY other purpose. If you’re uncomfortable providing it, simply enter “N/A” in the box instead.
Having difficulties seeing/using the Giveaway Widget?
Click Here to access it directly on the GiveAwayTool’s site.
[icon type=”star”][icon type=”star”] Be sure to Subscribe to be notified when the winners are announced! [icon type=”star”][icon type=”star”]