Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station
This unit is the hub of our RV’s network… providing Gigabit Ethernet ports for hardwired equipment (like our QNAP Network Attached Storage device)… and creating a strong, fast (802.11ac) WiFi network for everything else to use. Plus, it’s vertical orientation helps it to fit more easily into our tech cabinet, since it has a smaller footprint than a standard router.
The sixth generation Apple Airport Extreme Base Station (6th Generation) features simultaneous dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi support to transmit at both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at the same time. It gives luxury of worriless connectivity, no matter which band wireless devices use; theyll automatically connect to the best available band for the fastest possible performance.
The Airport Extreme Base Station can reach data rates of up to 1.3Gbps with three-stream 802.11ac technology, which is triple the 802.11n standard. 802.11ac Wi-Fi also provides double the channel bandwidth with 80MHz-wide channels providing more room for data to flow faster.
For the all-new design of AirPort Extreme, Apple took an approach that centered around performance and made it taller and put the antennas at the top, creating a higher platform for dispersing the signal. We also increased the number of antennas. There are now six of them — three for the 2.4GHz band and three for the 5GHz band. Together with 802.11ac wireless technology, they let you connect faster, farther, and with more power than ever before. The bar for Wi‑Fi base stations has been raised.
The new vertical design not only improves Wi‑Fi performance, it also saves you valuable desk space. At less than 4 inches square, the footprint of AirPort Extreme is 64 percent smaller than its predecessor. And to keep everything tidy, even the power supply is built in. Which means AirPort Extreme takes up no more space than it should.
With AirPort Extreme, getting your new Wi‑Fi network up and running is quick and easy. Thats because a setup assistant is built into iOS and into AirPort Utility for OS X. As soon as you plug in your AirPort Extreme and connect it to your DSL or cable modem, you can follow the simple instructions on your Mac or iOS device. There are no complicated steps to follow and no obscure terminology
- Ultrafast 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Reach data rates of up to 1.3 Gbps. compatible with devices using the 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac specifications.
- Simultaneous dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi support; New 6.6-inch height with smaller 3.85-inch base
- 6 antennas located at the top allows for a faster and more powerful connection. NAT, DHCP, PPPoE, VPN Passthrough (IPSec, PPTP and L2TP), DNS Proxy, IPv6 (6to4 and manual tunnels)
- Easy setup with Macs and iOS devices. Please note: This product is a Router ONLY and requires a modem to operate
- NOTE: Check User Manual in Technical Specification before use