The shower experience in RVs can vary greatly. The pressure showers put out, as well as their water usage, are concerns for many (if not most) RVers. That’s why Oxygenics shower heads have become so popular among RVers. But what makes these shower heads so different from traditional pre-installed RV shower heads?
In today’s post, we’re looking at the Oxygenics shower head and why RVers love it!
- 1) Why Are Oxygenics Shower Heads So Popular With RVers?
- 2) How Do Oxygenics Shower Heads Work?
- 3) Are There Different Varieties of Oxygenics Shower Heads?
- 4) Have You Used an Oxygenics Shower Head?
Why Are Oxygenics Shower Heads So Popular With RVers?
The answer to this question is simple: Oxygenics shower heads offer high pressure while conserving water. That’s quite a combination for RVers!
Oxygenics handheld shower heads and fixed shower heads use the Oxygenics engine to provide pressure that’s far improved over most traditional RV showerheads.
Oxygenics shower heads are also WaterSense certified which means they meet the EPA criteria for being water efficient.
The U.S. Government mandates that all shower heads use no more than 2.5 gpm (gallons per minute) of water. Depending on the product, Oxygenics shower heads use as little as 1.5 gallons per minute without sacrificing pressure.
So, they save water while offering RVers decent pressure. Seems counter-intuitive, but this is precisely what Oxygenics has managed to achieve and why their products are so popular with RVers.
How Do Oxygenics Shower Heads Work?
Oxygenics uses its own patented technology based on the Venturi effect. This principle says that as water flows through a tube, the shape of that tube can force the speed of the water flow to increase.
In the Oxygenics, water enters the base and moves through an accelerator, an internal turbine that creates more water pressure/power. From there, it moves through a channel where oxygen (air) is introduced, providing the Oxygenics water pressure RVers appreciate while also conserving water.
So, Oxygenics shower heads use less water, but since they infuse the water with oxygen, users don’t notice the water reduction because the water pressure feels strong.
Are There Different Varieties of Oxygenics Shower Heads?
Yes. Oxygenics produces a number of different types of shower heads for both sticks & bricks homes and RVs. In fact, you may have seen the BodySpa and Fury models featured in our post on the best RV showerheads of 2021!
All Oxygenics shower heads offer dynamic coverage and an invigorating shower experience, all without requiring a large flow of water.
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular Oxygenics RV shower heads.
This is the traditional style Oxygenics shower head. It has a standard fitting which means that it will fit an RV shower arm or the shower arm in a sticks & bricks home.
This particular model offers a flow rate of 2.0 GPM (gallons per minute) and includes a 60″ hose. It also comes with a wall mount and plumber’s tape for fast, easy installation.
It has a button to stop the flow of water if you wish to conserve even more (great for taking a water-saving “Navy shower”).
* NOTE: These buttons are meant to slow the water flow dramatically but not to stop it completely. The intention behind the continued slow water flow is to maintain the temperature of the water so that the user isn’t scalded when the button is pressed to resume full water flow.
- Patented Oxygenics technology amplifies existing water pressure and widens coverage while minimizing water use and extending the life of water tanks
- SmartPause valve helps preserve tank levels by quickly limiting water flow during soaping while keeping water temperatures consistent
Oxygenics 25488 BodySpa Adventure Shower Head
This shower head is very similar to the previous one, but this model has a longer 72″ hose. It also has a pause button/valve to pause/slow the flow of water. A twist of the head switches the spray settings from drip to standard to high pressure.
The hose, while it appears to be chrome, is actually a stiff plastic. We’re noting this here because we noticed that a few reviewers were disappointed to find that the hose was not made of metal.
The hoses on all of these shower heads are replaceable if desired.
- SmartPause setting brings water to a trickle
- FocusStream for a more powerful, intense rinse
Oxygenics 88446 Power Massage Hand Held Kit
This brushed nickel massaging shower head has 5 settings and a 60″ plastic hose. It operates at 1.5 GPM (gallons per minute).
As with all Oxygenics shower heads, it’s WaterSense certified and comes with a bracket and plumber’s tape for easy installation.
Note that this model does NOT have a pause/hold button for stopping the flow of water in mid-shower (though you can buy a shower head shutoff valve separately).
- 5 spray settings adjust coverage from wide coverage to soothing massage to focused spray
- Intuitive spray selector makes changing settings easy, even with wet hands
Oxygenics 92489 Fury RV Handheld Shower
This brushed nickel Oxygenics massaging shower head doesn’t have a pause button, but does include a flow control valve to allow you to reduce the flow of water. It’s available with a 72″ hose and operates at 1.8 GPM.
It also has 5 spray settings and rubber finger grips for hand-held use.
- 5 Spray Settings Are Powered By Cutting-Edge Technology To Increase Pressure
- Rubber Finger Grips Prevents Any Slippage Or Dropping
The Fury is also available in chrome.
- 5 spray settings are powered by cutting-edge technology to increase pressure
- Rubber finger grips prevents any slippage or dropping
Oxygenics Evolution Rain Shower Head Model 34588
This brushed nickel rain shower model has five spray settings including a pendulum setting and a waterfall setting.
With a 1.8 GPM flow, the pendulum setting is said to be like a powerful water massage. It pulsates up to 780 times per minute and delivers 14″ of dynamic coverage.
This is not an RV-specific shower head but can be installed in an RV. Just note that it doesn’t have the ability to be used as a hand-held unit.
- Patented Oxygenics technology increases the feeling of water pressure for a more powerful, invigorate
- Easy spray selector - switch between 5 unique settings with ease.
Have You Used an Oxygenics Shower Head?
If you’ve experienced an Oxygenics shower head, we’d love to hear what you thought of it. Be sure to include the model if you have that information.
And for those of you who may be experiencing weak water pressure with your current shower head, we suggest taking a look at our post on what to do if your RV shower head is clogged.
Geek Out with Us Every Week
Join our newsletter to learn about all things RV-related. Every week we offer free tips, tricks, product reviews, and more to our online community of RVers. So, whether this is your first time on the road or you’re a seasoned expert, we’d love for you to geek out with us!