This post may contain affiliate links.
Our video introducing Boondockers Welcome shared this clever way to connect RVers with free, legal camping on private property. Not only were we welcomed like family by our gracious BW hosts here in Australia, but we also toured the most mondo custom-built 4-wheel-drive outback-tackling motorhome we’ve ever seen while we were staying with them.
Doug & Di are not only Boondockers Welcome hosts here in Woodgate Beach, Queensland, but they’re fellow RVers… on two continents! They currently tour Australia in their beautiful 40-foot coach, which is the second one they’ve customized themselves. For their extensive travels around North America (including Alaska), they own a second motorhome in the States.
Despite the fact that we visited over a holiday weekend when Doug & Di were entertaining relatives & friends (virtually all fellow RVers), we were welcomed like family. Just about everyone we’ve met Down Under has been gracious, generous & friendly, but this kind of hospitality took things to a whole new level.
Thanks to Doug & Di and their entire family for making us feel so at home. We really feel as though we’ve made new friends for life. And a special thanks to Peter & Marie for sharing details of their amazing custom “Peterbuilt” (as in “PeterBuilt It”) motorhome.
An extra-special thanks to Marianne & Anna for creating Boondockers Welcome, without which we would never have become an extended part of Doug & Di’s wonderful family. Don’t forget that RVgeeks viewers get a 15% discount on their initial membership with coupon code “RVGEEKS15” at www.BoondockersWelcome.com.
- Official Trip Announcement – We’re Going Down Under!
- Melbourne, Australia Beachfront Boondocking
- Tasmanian Devil Feeding Frenzy!
- Preparing to Drive on the Left in Dunedin, NZ
- Akaroa, NZ Waterfront Freedom Camping
- Freedom Camping on the Mohaka River near Napier, NZ
- RVgeeks Interviewed by the Legendary Pacific Coast team
- Picking Up Our Campervan. We’re On the Road in OZ!
- Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- How To Hook-Up & Dump Tanks on an Australian Campervan
- Duck-Billed Platypus Hunting in Australia’s Atherton Tablelands
- Australia Campervan Tour
- Magnetic Island & Koalas In The Wild!
- The Whitsunday Islands: Float Plane to Spectacular Whitehaven Beach
- Kangaroos & Wallabies on the Beach at Sunrise
- Brekky on the Barbie
Sometimes we receive products for evaluation at no cost and may use affiliate links to the products and services from which we earn commissions. For example, as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. That said, it's important to us to let you know that our opinions are our own. We only recommend products we believe deliver real value and that we can confidently recommend without reservation. You also won’t pay an extra penny by using our links. Thanks so much for supporting RVgeeks as we work to create helpful RVing-related content that we hope enhances your RVing life!
Even though we're handy RVers, we're not professional technicians. So although we're happy with the techniques and products we use, you should be sure to confirm that all methods and materials are compatible with your equipment and abilities. Regardless of what we recommend, consult a professional if you're unsure about working on your RV. Any task you perform or product you purchase based on any information we provide is strictly at your own risk.