We’ve crossed from Queensland into New South Wales to attend Australia’s epic annual blues & roots music festival – Byron Bay Bluesfest. With over 200 performers on 7 stages over 5 full days, Bluesfest showcases music from around the world.
Despite the name, there’s far more than blues here. We saw Jackson Browne, Melissa Etheridge, Tom Jones and Brian Wilson (with Al Jardine joining him on stage, we were basically seeing the Beach Boys). The festival is a celebration of music, culture and community with a typically relaxed Aussie feel. Maybe more so. wink
The campground here at the festival site, Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm, just north of Byron Bay, NSW can accommodate up to 6,000 people, so we were right at home staying in our campervan.
Special thanks to Russell Mills of the Legendary Pacific Coast. You might have seen our interview with him at our serendipitous meeting in Southern California. It was great to reconnect on his home turf. Russell is an expert on exploring Australia’s Pacific Coast, so this time is was our turn to interview him about potential destinations on the remainder of our trip.
- Official Trip Announcement – We’re Going Down Under!
- Melbourne, Australia Beachfront Boondocking
- Tasmanian Devil Feeding Frenzy!
- Preparing to Drive on the Left in Dunedin, NZ
- Akaroa, NZ Waterfront Freedom Camping
- Freedom Camping on the Mohaka River near Napier, NZ
- RVgeeks Interviewed by the Legendary Pacific Coast team
- Picking Up Our Campervan. We’re On the Road in OZ!
- Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- How To Hook-Up & Dump Tanks on an Australian Campervan
- Duck-Billed Platypus Hunting in Australia’s Atherton Tablelands
- Australia Campervan Tour
- Magnetic Island & Koalas In The Wild!
- The Whitsunday Islands: Float Plane to Spectacular Whitehaven Beach
- Kangaroos & Wallabies on the Beach at Sunrise
- Brekky on the Barbie
- Boondockers Welcome in OZ, Plus a Honkin’ Custom Outback-Ready RV!
- Australia Driving Q&A – David Barnes Driving School
- Australia Campervan Awning Set-up Time-Lapse