This post may contain affiliate links.
On our trip to New Zealand, we spent 5 weeks in a Class B+ motorhome rental from Wilderness Motorhomes. The model we had is the Alpine 4, which was the Wilderness name for what’s really a Lyseo TD Harmony Line 728G built by the respected German RV manufacturer Bürstner. Watch the video above to see our complete in-depth tour of our rig, inside & out.
We travelled to New Zealand with our friends Tom & Caitlin of Mortons On The Move, who are also co-hosts of our TV show, The RVers. Which reminds us… shameless plug… Season Two of The RVers premieres on The Discovery Channel (in the US) on Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 8 AM Eastern)!
Here are some stats on our Wilderness rental motorhome:
- Chassis: Fiat Ducato
- Engine: 2.3 liter, 120 horsepower Mjet Euro 6D
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Fuel Tank Size:. 75 liters (19.8 gallons)
- Fuel Economy: 10-13 litres / 100km (roughly 18-24 mpg, which were our actual numbers during our trip)
- RV Dimensions (L x W x H): 24′ 6″ x 7′ 6″ x 9′ 8″ (749cm x 230cm x 295cm)
- Fresh Tank: 120 liters (31.7 gallons)
- Gray Tank: 90 liters (23.8 gallons)
- Blank Tank (cassette): roughly 5 gallons (good thing it’s on wheels… you need to dump it often!)
With New Zealand beginning the process of easing restrictions, we thought we’d follow our NZ Freedom Camping video with this RV tour. And now that there’s a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, we hope this inspires you to dream/plan your New Zealand Wilderness Motorhome holiday, too!
And if you want help figuring out where to go exploring while in New Zealand, Wilderness Motorhomes had copies of Scott Cook’s awesome guides to NZ available for us to borrow during our rental (and they were INVALUABLE resources for finding great hikes and off-the-beaten-path sights)… but why wait until you get there? Pick up a copy now so you can be prepared!
This summer, we’re looking forward to Tom & Cait publishing their series of videos about our time in New Zealand, in which we’ll surely be making some cameo appearances. Since Tom is famous for his incredible cinematography, it’ll be like having our home movies created by a Hollywood producer! (Thanks, Tom & Cait! ????????)
Finally… Season Two of The RVers premieres on The Discovery Channel (in the US) on May 16, 2020, just ONE week from now! That’s right, we’ve moved to Saturdays at 8 AM Eastern & Pacific, 7 AM Central & 9 AM Mountain (check your local listings, as times may vary depending on your provider).
In addition to Discovery, the show also airs/streams on iTunes (US, Canada, U.K. & Australia), PBS (check your local listings), Amazon Video, Google Play, YouTubeTV, and the Wild Pursuit Network in Canada. We’ve also been picked up by a new network called Fun Roads TV. Hmmm…. Fun and Roads… just like RVing… a natural place for The RVers to air!
We hope you enjoyed this video!
Featured & Related Products:
- Travel Power Adapter
- Power Strip with USB-A & USB-C Ports
- 5-Port USB Charger
- Sony AX53 Camcorder
- Sony ECM-B1M Digital Shotgun Microphone
- Comica CVM-WM300A Wireless Lavalier Microphones
- DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with Fly More Kit (extra batteries & props, battery charging hub, etc)
Recent & Related Videos:
- New Zealand Freedom Camping — Boondocking, Kiwi Style! — NZ RV Trip
- Stranded in New Zealand During a Pandemic! ???? Live Chat & Update
- Italian RV/Motorhome Tour – Part 1: Exterior
- Italian RV/Motorhome Tour – Part 2: Interior
- RVing in England: Part 1 — U.K. Motorhome Tour
- RVing in England: Part 2 — U.K. RV Hookup, Dump & Fill
- RVing in England: Part 3 — Driving an RV on NARROW U.K. Roads!
- RVing in England: Part 4 — RVgeeks Cruise the Cut – Narrowboating!
- RVgeeks Down Under — Our Australian RV Trip Series
- ☀️????⚡️ The Ultimate RV Solar System! 8 Panels, 1,300 Watts, Off-Grid Ready!
- LIVE from LAX! Upcoming Appearances & Video Update
- 2019 Wrap Up & 2020 Preview — Appearances, Discounts & More!
- RV Gray Valve Repair — REAL-TIME DIY Holding Tank Valve Replacement
- RV TPMS — Don’t Leave Home Without It! — Our EEZ Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Don’t Let This Happen To Your RV! Check Your Propane Detector!
- Ultimate RV Electrical System Protection — Hughes Autoformer & Power Watchdog
- How to Run 2 RV Air Conditioners At 30-amp Campsites
Even though we're handy RVers, we're not professional technicians. So although we're happy with the techniques and products we use, you should be sure to confirm that all methods and materials are compatible with your equipment and abilities. Regardless of what we recommend, consult a professional if you're unsure about working on your RV. Any task you perform or product you purchase based on any information we provide is strictly at your own risk.