We’re usually snowbirds, but this winter we’ll be storing our RV in a cold climate for a couple of months while we’re traveling by air. We’ll be using our Viair compressor to blow out our water lines, and we’ll be giving one away, too… just in time for the holidays!
We could pump the system full of anti-freeze, but we prefer to use compressed air to blow the water out instead. This video covers every detail about how we protect our RV’s plumbing system from freezing in cold weather. The last thing we want to come home to is a broken pipe!
Recent & Related Videos:
- How To Dump & Clean an RV Black Tank
- RV Holding Tank Dumping 1-2-3
- How To Flush & Clean an Atwood RV Water Heater
- How To Flush & Clean a Suburban RV Water Heater
- UPDATE! RV Water Heater Anode Rods
Featured & Related Products:
- Viair 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor Kit
- Blow out plug
- Adjustable air pressure regulator
- Male quick connect
- Female quick connect
- Water pressure regulator
- Water pressure regulator with gauge
- Tank flush wand
- Suburban anode rod
- Flow-Pur #3 Filter (threaded)
- Flow-Pur #2 Filters (clip-on)
- Whole house water filters
- 1/2″ Apex Neverkink drinking water hose
- Brass Y-valve
Special thanks to our friends Bill & Mark for sharing their RV winterizing know-how.
↓↓ SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW THE WINNERS ↓↓
On Sunday, December 14th, 2014 at 5:00PM Pacific Time, one lucky RVgeeks viewer will win a Viair 400P-RV Automatic Portable Air Compressor Kit, with a total value of about $250! Use the form below to enter for your chance to win the same awesome compressor we use on our motorhome!
INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING BY DOING ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Enter once each day (to prevent ballot box stuffing, one entry per day is the limit)
- Tweet about this contest (you can do this once a day, too!)
- Pin the contest on Pinterest
- Share the contest with your friends!
NOTE: The form gives you the option of including your phone number with your entry. The ONLY reason we ask for that is to ensure that we are able to quickly contact the winner. Your phone number will not be used for ANY other purpose. If you’re uncomfortable providing it, simply enter “N/A” in the box instead.
Having difficulties seeing/using the Giveaway Widget?
Click Here to access it directly on the GiveAwayTool’s site.
Be sure to Subscribe to be notified when the winners are announced!