This post may contain affiliate links.
We attended the RVX trade show in Salt Lake City last week to host Newmar’s live broadcast, during which we revealed their very first entry into the Super C market – The Super Star!
After the broadcast, we heard from lots of you who said “More Super Star!” So without further ado, here is our considerably more detailed tour of this beautiful new rig.
If you missed our original live tour during the show, you can watch the re-broadcast on the RVIA website here:
Also, here are the answers to a few of the most common questions we’ve received since the live broadcast went out:
- What chassis is it built on? A Freightliner M106 chassis
- What’s the size of the engine? Cummins 350HP diesel with 1,150 lb-ft of torque
- What transmission is used on the Super Star? The Allison 3200
- What are the tank capacities?
- Fuel: 100 gallons
- Fresh Water: 150 gallons
- Gray Tank: 60 gallons
- Black Tank: 40 gallons
- Propane: 32 gallons
- What will the standard and optional items be for heating water and interior heat? Propane gas furnace with ducted heat and a 10 gallon gas/electric water heater will be standard. There will be an option for the Oasis brand heating and hot water system will be available when production begins.
- What is the overall length and wheelbase for the 37′ and 40′ models? TBD and subject to change. Protypes shown at RVX may not refect the final wheelbase.
- Will a Tire Pressure Monitoring System be standard and/or an option? TPMS will not be an available feature on the Super Star, but may be available on the Supreme Aire.
- How about Adaptive Cruise Control? Adaptive cruise will also not be available on the Super Star.
Related & Recent Videos:
Even though we're handy RVers, we're not professional technicians. So although we're happy with the techniques and products we use, you should be sure to confirm that all methods and materials are compatible with your equipment and abilities. Regardless of what we recommend, consult a professional if you're unsure about working on your RV. Any task you perform or product you purchase based on any information we provide is strictly at your own risk.