One of the most common questions we get is how do we safely drink from our RV’s fresh water tank. Some RVers avoid the question by using bottled water, but we’re big proponents of avoiding the cost, hassle, and waste of doing that. And besides, isn’t it an awful shame to have a vehicle with a large fresh water supply and not even use it as the source of your safe RV drinking water?
Making sure the water onboard your RV is safe to drink usually involves chemicals (typically chlorine) to sanitize the fresh water holding tank. But for the past several years, we’ve been using an Acuva Eco UV-LED water purification system at our kitchen sink.
We haven’t sanitized our fresh water system in over two years, but our Eco has allowed us to safely drink directly from the tank the entire time. Now that we’ve upgraded to the latest Eco NX-Silver, we’ve got a higher flow rate, at a lower price, with the peace of mind of NSF/ANSI certification.
Complete Installation Video
Before installing our Acuva, we would typically sanitize our fresh water tank about every 6-12 months… which took time AND used quite a bit of water. Since installing the Acuva, we’ve gotten quite lax… and realized it’s been over 2 years since we last sanitized. And nobody’s gotten sick yet! (NOTE: this isn’t something we recommend doing, we’re just reporting that we’ve missed sanitizing for a long time and have stayed safe thanks to our Acuva providing clean drinking water)
Since some people are sensitive to even small amounts of chlorine, not adding any into the fresh water system can be an additional benefit.
The new Eco NX-Silver offers several improvements:
- It has a higher flow rate. Not that our original Eco was bad (about 0.9 liters/minute), but being able to fill your glass faster (now 1.2 liters/min) is a bonus.
- The Eco NX-Silver is flow-triggered, instead of faucet-triggered. With the old Eco, you HAD to use Acuva’s Smart Faucet… because the faucet itself contained the on/off switch that activated the UV-LEDs. With the new NX-Silver, it’s triggered by the water beginning to flow… which means you can now use the system with ANY countertop faucet.
- The flow trigger brings another way to save money… you can buy the NX-Silver WITHOUT the Smart Faucet. If you already have a separate water dispenser at your kitchen sink, you can use it with the Eco NX. The only feature you’ll lose out on is the blue LED indicator light built into the Smart Faucet… which is a cool visual, but not required.
- Another advantage of the unit being activated by flow is that it can supply purified water to multiple locations. If your floorplan allows it, you can plumb a single Eco NX-Silver to your kitchen faucet, refrigerator (for the ice maker and/or through-the-door water dispenser), and/or a stand-alone ice maker. Just be aware that the system won’t dispense water faster than 1.2L/min… but since those items aren’t likely to be running all at the same time, you should be OK with a single Eco NX supplying them all. Whenever one of them starts the flow of water, the Acuva will activate automatically.
- This new model has passed rigorous testing and meets NSF/ANSI 55 Class ‘B’ (for the supplemental bacterial treatment of disinfected public drinking water) and NSF/ANSI 372 (for the determination and verification of product compliance to minimize lead contaminants) standards.
So if, like us, you’d rather not have to deal with bottled water and want to feel safe drinking out of your RV’s fresh tank, consider installing the new Acuva Eco NX-Silver… using the discount code below, you can even save 10% on any Acuva purifier!
Ditch the bottled water! Major cities sanitize their drinking water using ultraviolet light, and now you can, too. Acuva’s UV-LED system makes water safe to drink, using a fraction of the space...Show More
Ditch the bottled water! Major cities sanitize their drinking water using ultraviolet light, and now you can, too. Acuva’s UV-LED system makes water safe to drink, using a fraction of the space and power… perfect for RVs.
Get 10% off any Acuva system when shopping online at Acuva's website and using the discount code listed here.Show Less
Recent & Related Videos:
- Safe RV Drinking Water Update & Lab Testing
- How To Install An RV Water Purification System
- RV Towed Car Braking — Roadmaster InvisiBrake Auxilliary Tow Brake System Installation
- How To Replace RV Patio Awning Fabric — Carefree of Colorado Power Awning
- RV Solar Webinar With Xantrex Tech Doctor Don Wilson
- RV Boondocking Making You Nervous? Try This!
- New Zealand Freedom Camping — Boondocking, Kiwi Style! — NZ RV Trip
- Bürstner Class B+ Motorhome Tour ???? — Our New Zealand Wilderness RV Rental
- ☀️????⚡️ The Ultimate RV Solar System! 8 Panels, 1,300 Watts, Off-Grid Ready!
- RV Gray Valve Repair — REAL-TIME DIY Holding Tank Valve Replacement
- RV TPMS — Don’t Leave Home Without It! — Our EEZ Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Don’t Let This Happen To Your RV! Check Your Propane Detector!
Get An Acuva Water Purifier:
Be sure to use Acuva Discount Code “RVGEEKS” to get 10% OFF any Acuva water purifier.