This post may contain affiliate links.
For anyone who thinks they can’t replace RV patio awning fabric themselves… don’t pay a shop to do it before you watch this video first! Fabric replacement is a DIY trifecta: easier than it looks; a big money saver; and better quality. Just follow these simple steps to new awning glory. Huge sense of satisfaction? Priceless!
We just hate the idea of fellow RVers overpaying for inferior results, when they can easily complete a project themselves. In this video we’ll show you step by step how easy it is to replace the old fabric on a powered Carefree of Colorado patio awning, which is a very popular style. This particular model does not have a UniGuard that covers the awning when it’s fully retracted, so no “soft-connect” (the short piece of fabric that connects from the RV’s awning/gutter rail to the UniGuard) is needed.
Another twist in this video… instead of demonstrating this one ourselves, or even having Tyler (our usual expert guest installer) helping out… Christie from Tough Top Awnings will be turning the wrenches. She’ll be assisted by John and her daughter, Jordyn. Although Christie is clearly in the “biz” she’s not an installer, and has never provided anything more than a minor assist on a couple of installations before. Here she shows just how easy a project like this can be, even for a non-professional.
5% OFF YOUR ENTIRE AWNING
& SLIDE TOPPER ORDER!
Use Discount Code “RVGEEKSROCK” at
(or SAY it when ordering by phone)
Are you a new RVer, or dreamer, or just looking to add to your current RVing knowledge? Check out the RV Masterclass featuring our friends and fellow full-timers (and co-hosts of The RVers) Tom & Cait of Mortons on the Move, along with our mutual friends Kyle & Olivia of Drivin’ & Vibin’ and Jason & Rae of Getaway Couple.
Related & Recent Videos:
- All of our Awning & Slide Topper Replacement Videos
- RV Solar Webinar With Xantrex Tech Doctor Don Wilson
- RV Boondocking Making You Nervous? Try This!
- New Zealand Freedom Camping — Boondocking, Kiwi Style! — NZ RV Trip
- Bürstner Class B+ Motorhome Tour ???? — Our New Zealand Wilderness RV Rental
- Taping The RVers Season 2 Premiere With a Live Studio Audience!
- ☀️????⚡️ The Ultimate RV Solar System! 8 Panels, 1,300 Watts, Off-Grid Ready!
- Solar Panel Tilting — How Much Difference Does it Make?
- Solar Maximus! Optimizing the Sun When RV Boondocking
- RV Gray Valve Repair — REAL-TIME DIY Holding Tank Valve Replacement
- RV TPMS — Don’t Leave Home Without It! — Our EEZ Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Don’t Let This Happen To Your RV! Check Your Propane Detector!
- Ultimate RV Electrical System Protection — Hughes Autoformer & Power Watchdog
- How to Run 2 RV Air Conditioners At 30-amp Campsites
Sometimes we receive products for evaluation at no cost and may use affiliate links to the products and services from which we earn commissions. For example, as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. That said, it's important to us to let you know that our opinions are our own. We only recommend products we believe deliver real value and that we can confidently recommend without reservation. You also won’t pay an extra penny by using our links. Thanks so much for supporting RVgeeks as we work to create helpful RVing-related content that we hope enhances your RVing life!
Even though we're handy RVers, we're not professional technicians. So although we're happy with the techniques and products we use, you should be sure to confirm that all methods and materials are compatible with your equipment and abilities. Regardless of what we recommend, consult a professional if you're unsure about working on your RV. Any task you perform or product you purchase based on any information we provide is strictly at your own risk.