If you’ve never been to the Hershey RV Show, we’re here to tell you what you can expect if you’re going, and what you’ll miss if you don’t!
- 1) What Is the Hershey RV Show?
- 2) When & Where Is the Hershey RV Show?
- 3) How Much Are Tickets to the Hershey RV Show and How Do We Get Them?
- 4) Where Can We Stay During the Hershey RV Show?
- 5) Are Pets Allowed at the Hershey RV Show?
- 6) Things to Do In the Hershey Area
- 7) Tips for Enjoying the Hershey RV Show
- 8) Free RVing Tips, Tricks, Reviews, Giveaways & More
What Is the Hershey RV Show?
Hosted by the Pennsylvania Recreation Vehicle and Camping Association (PRVCA) and held annually since 1970, the Hershey RV Show is an annual event that takes place in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Known as America’s Largest RV Show, the RV show in Hershey, PA brings top RV manufacturers together in one location to display their newest RV models and most innovative features.
The show is a one-stop destination for RV enthusiasts to compare new RVs and check out the latest upgrades and accessories, while also collecting information on campgrounds, vacation destinations, and products related to RVing.
You’ll also find a multitude of vendors and exhibitors as well as seminars and speakers, all included in your entry fee. You’ll also see special discount show prices on lots of rigs.
At the Hershey PA RV Show, you’ll find a million square feet of space filled with RVs. (We’re talking more than 33 football fields here.) This year (2023), you can expect to find more than 1,400 RVs on display from 40 different RV manufacturers, and you’ll also find the latest and greatest equipment, accessories, RV insurance, and much more.
When & Where Is the Hershey RV Show?
The address of the Hershey RV Show is at Giant Center — 550 West Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, PA 17033. As of this writing, the 54th Annual “America’s Largest RV Show” takes place from September 13-17, 2023.
The show is held rain or shine over the 5-day period, with scheduled hours for each day as follows:
- Wednesday, September 13: 9 AM – 8 PM
- Thursday, September 14: 9 AM – 8 PM
- Friday, September 15: 9 AM – 8 PM
- Saturday, September 16: 9 AM – 8 PM
- Sunday, September 17: 9 AM – 5 PM
How Much Are Tickets to the Hershey RV Show and How Do We Get Them?
Tickets are currently for sale online through the Hershey RV Show’s website. Tickets must be purchased online in advance. (Children 12 and under don’t require tickets. Their attendance is free.)
Again, tickets are only sold online. You can purchase them in advance (including on the day of the show), but they do need to be purchased online. Note that there are no refunds or exchanges.
Once you’ve completed the online transaction, your tickets will be emailed to you. You can either print your ticket and bring it to the entrance gate, or show the ticket QR code on your phone to event staff.
Current ticket prices are as follows:
Tickets for adults (age 13+)
- Wednesday – Friday: $12 in advance or $14 on the day of the show
- Saturday: $17 in advance or $19 on the day of the show
- Sunday: $8 in advance or $10 on the day of the show
You can also buy a 3-Day Event Pass good for Wed, Thurs, and Fri only for $25 in advance or $30 on the day of the show. Those interested in attending only after 3 PM can purchase a discounted Twilight Pass for $7 on any day you plan to attend.
There are Discount Days for healthcare workers, first responders, senior citizens, and veterans. Here’s how that works:
Healthcare Workers Day is Wednesday, September 13 only.
On this day, tickets for healthcare workers are $7 purchased in advance or $9 on the day of the show (Sept. 13). A valid healthcare ID is required to receive the discount.
Senior Day (55+) is September 14 only.
On Sept 14, tickets for those 55 and older are $7 if purchased in advance, or $9 if purchased the day of.
Veterans & First Responders Day is Friday, September 15 only.
On this day, tickets for veterans & first responders are $7 purchased in advance, or $9 on the day of the show (Sept. 15).
- Veterans & Active Duty: Note that a valid Veteran or Active Duty ID is required to receive the discount. These can include a U.S. Uniform Services ID Card, a U.S. Uniform Services Retired ID Card, a Current Leave & Earnings Statement, a Veterans organization card, a photograph of yourself in uniform, or you can wear your uniform.
- First Responders: Note that a valid ID for first responders is required to receive the discount. This also includes wearing your uniform or showing a photo of yourself wearing your uniform.
Note that proceeds from America’s Largest RV Show are slated to fund education and training programs for RV technicians.
Where Can We Stay During the Hershey RV Show?
There are a number of places to stay during America’s Largest RV Show, whether you’re interested in boondocking/dry camping, staying at a campground, or chilling at a nearby hotel. Below are some options to consider (although so close to the show, options may, of course, be somewhat limited).
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts offers overnight camping in its dry camping lot.
This option is best for travelers with fully contained campers, as no facilities or services are available at this location. There are no water or septic services on site. There’s 24-hour security and generators may be used during the daytime. Quiet hours are 11 PM – 6 AM each day, and checkout is at 10 AM.
Dry parking in the lot becomes available on Tuesday, September 12, and the lot will close on Monday, September 18 at 10 AM.
A courtesy shuttle will be available to take overnight parking guests to the show. Space on the shuttle is limited, so patience will likely be required. The free shuttle will continue operating throughout the show and make pickups as quickly as possible.
Note that walking across Hersheypark Drive is NOT allowed. You have to use the shuttle or drive.
The fee for overnight parking is $60 per night plus an additional $10 per night for vehicles towed behind a motorhome. RV day parking is FREE while you’re at the show.
The overnight parking area will be open from 7 AM – 7 PM. Anyone arriving after 7 PM will be redirected to an adjacent staging area and allowed to enter the overnight parking area at 7 AM.
There are a number of campgrounds in and around Hershey, PA. Feel free to browse options here: Campgrounds – America’s Largest RV Show. Contact campgrounds directly to be sure there’s still availability, and make your reservation ASAP.
There are a variety of hotels in the Hershey area. Start your hotel search here: Hotels – America’s Largest RV Show. Again, you’ll need to contact hotels directly for availability and reservations, as soon as possible.
Are Pets Allowed at the Hershey RV Show?
In general, pets are not welcome at America’s Largest RV Show in Hershey. This is not only for the comfort & safety of attendees but also for the safety & comfort of the pets. This is a very busy show with lots of traffic, so pets are safest away from the event grounds.
Note that there are a couple of exceptions:
- Dogs are permitted only if they’re in a completely enclosed carrier or stroller.
- Certified service animals are permitted at the show.
The area has several kennels and pet-sitting options for other attendees with fur babies.
Dad’s Pet Care Barking Lot
Pets are welcome to stay in the “Barking Lot” under the West Stand of Hersheypark Stadium near the entrance to the Park. The daily fee is $10.00 per pet. If you have more than one, you can request that they share a kennel, though the $10.00 per pet fee still applies.
For more information, please call 800-HERSHEY.
1700 Fruitville Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
Things to Do In the Hershey Area
If you plan to stay in the area for the week or even just a couple of days, you may be interested in some of the many attractions and interesting places in the Hershey area.
Here are a few places and activities that might interest you:
- Hershey Park
- Lancaster, PA
- Indian Echo Caverns
- Harrisburg, PA
- AACA Museum
Tips for Enjoying the Hershey RV Show
As in our post on the Quartzsite RV Show, we want to leave you with a few tips that will hope will be helpful.
Try Not to Overplan
Try not to plan to do too much in one day. If you’ve never been to an RV show as large as Hershey, you may find yourself a little overwhelmed. Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance if you need it.
Spread your interests out reasonably throughout the time you’ll be at the show, and accept the fact that there’s so much to see that it’s tough to do it all. Relax and enjoy the show as much as possible.
Arrive Early or Later In the Day and/or Attend on a Weekday
The Hershey RV show is incredibly crowded during peak hours, especially over the weekend. To avoid finding yourself stuck in traffic jams and long lines, arriving either early in the day, or later in the afternoon, is best. (If you go later in the afternoon, don’t forget the option to buy the Twilight Pass.) If you can go during the week, all the better.
Dress In Layers & Wear Comfortable Shoes
The show takes place in Pennsylvania in mid-September, so the weather will likely be mild. But be prepared for the potential for heat and humidity because September weather can be a bit unpredictable in the northeast, especially these days with record heat all over the nation.
Dress in layers so you’ll be comfortable in varying temps. Items like a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and plenty of water and snacks in a backpack will be very helpful. Emergency items like band-aids, Advil, Tylenol, etc. are always good to have on hand as well.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS & BREATHABLE.100% High Quality Water repellent Nylon Fiber, it will ensure efficient moisture wicking. The fishing hat is...
- UNISEX & ONE SIZE FITS MOST. Casual comfy fit summer hat for men/women, suitable for head circumference 22"-24", one size fits most adults head size....
- Stay safe from harmful UVA/UVB rays with our fishing hat that has UPF 50+ protection. It's been tested and proven to keep you protected. Our...
- Keep your head cool and sweat-free with our men and women sun hat that comes with breathable mesh. It's versatile and great for outdoor activities....
- TempShield insulation keeps beverages cold up to 24 hours and hot up to 12 hours
- Made with 18/8 pro-grade stainless steel to ensure durability, pure taste and no flavor transfer
Be sure to wear your most comfortable footwear because you’ll be on your feet for most of the day when you’re away from your RV/vehicle.
- Designed for people with foot discomfort and foot and leg fatigue
- Made with Massaging Gel Technology, they double the comfort in your shoes, for those with foot discomfort, so you can feel comfortable and more...
Free RVing Tips, Tricks, Reviews, Giveaways & More
Subscribe to our daily newsletter! We’ve been full-time RVers for 20 years (!) and share everything we’ve learned about RVing in our daily blog posts. Join our online community to receive a wealth of great RVing knowledge delivered right to your inbox.
Whether this is your first time on the road or you’re a seasoned full-timer, you’ll love the wide range of RVing topics we cover. Don’t miss a single article or any of our famous RV gear Giveaways — Subscribe today!