With mornings and evenings turning colder as summer turns to fall, we thought this might be a good time to take a look at a
cool neat product – the heated camping chair!
Heated camping chairs are fantastic for fall and winter camping because, no matter the weather, they allow you to enjoy the outdoors and stay warm and comfortable at the same time.
While we’re typically snowbirds (RVers who follow warmer weather), we’ve done our share of cold-weather camping. For example, we could have used a couple of heated camping chairs in Zion National Park, as you can see in the video below.
- 1) What Is a Heated Camping Chair?
What Is the Best Heated Camping Chair?
- 2.1) POP Design The Hot Seat
- 2.2) Terrain Heated Camping Chair by Gobi Heat
- 2.3) Kuma Outdoor Gear Lazy Bear Heated Chair
- 2.4) MacSports Heated Cushion Folding Lounge Patio Club Chair
- 2.5) Chaheati MAXX Heated Add-On Seat
- 2.6) KINGS TREK Heated Camping Chair
- 2.7) ACELETIQS Wide Double Heated Stadium Seats for Bleachers with Back Support
- 3) Do You Use a Heated Camping Chair?
What Is a Heated Camping Chair?
Heated camping chairs actually come in a variety of models. Most are battery heated and use heat elements or coils in the seat and back.
Many battery-powered chairs operate using a small, portable rechargeable battery which means that you could carry more than one battery power pack to keep your chair warm for hours and hours.
Many heated camping chairs have variable temperature settings from warm to high heat, with various settings in between.
Heated chairs are great for camping, of course, but they’re also great for sporting events, tailgate parties, and really any activity that might find you sitting outside in cool weather.
You could even use a heated camping chair inside your RV for winter RV living!
What Is the Best Heated Camping Chair?
A heated camping chair is a popular item and there are many great options!
Without further ado, and in no particular order, let’s take a look at 7 of the best heated camping chairs on the market today.
POP Design The Hot Seat
This USB-powered heated camping chair has extra-large armrests, five pockets, and a cup holder.
The chair has a USB cable. Plug it into the USB port of any battery pack and the seat begins to heat. It can be powered by any USB battery pack, but a power pack is NOT included with the chair.
The seat warms to as high as 110º F. (Note that only the SEAT heats on this model.)
The Hot Seat is made of 600DPE polyester and is waterproof.
The chair’s frame is made of powder-coated 1/2-inch heavy-duty steel tubing.
The maximum weight capacity of the Hot Seat is 300 pounds.
- BEST FOLDING CHAIR FOR YOUR ACTIVITIES: The Hot Seat Camping Chair features USB-powered heating technology (portable USB battery not included). The...
- BENEFITS OF A HEATED CHAIR: Keeps the blood moving to the extremities to allow you to enjoy all the activities with more comfort during any season....
Terrain Heated Camping Chair by Gobi Heat
Gobi Heat’s Terrain heated camping chair comes with a battery and charger. It has 3 heat settings (low, medium, and high) and offers up to 9 hours of battery life (depending on the settings used).
On the “high” setting, this chair can reach 131º F.
The Terrain comes with a carrying case and has a built-in cup holder.
The chair itself is built on a durable steel frame and heat is delivered to two zones (seat and back).
- Up to 9 Hours of Battery Life
- 3 Heat Settings: Low, Medium, and High
Kuma Outdoor Gear Lazy Bear Heated Chair
Kuma’s Lazy Bear heated camping chair is made of ribbed 600D polyester. It has a padded back and armrests as well as an insulated beverage holder and phone pocket. A carry bag is included with the purchase.
It’s made of a sturdy 3/4″ tube frame, has stabilizing feet, and is rated for 350 pounds. Seat height is 16″.
Kuma’s Lazy Bear heated camping chair uses the “ADD HEAT Control System”. This is Kuma’s integrated heating system, powered by an included 10,000 mAh power bank.
- Durable ribbed 600D polyester
- Sturdy 3/4” black tube frame & Stabilizer feet
MacSports Heated Cushion Folding Lounge Patio Club Chair
This heated camping chair from MacSports features 3 heat modes (low, medium, and high) and can heat to a high of 131º F. (Low is about 100º F.)
It’s heated using any USB portable battery pack, but they do NOT include one with the chair.
This is a very sturdy seat, with powder-coated steel that can support up to an impressive 375 pounds.
It has a padded seat and back and comes with a carry bag.
- Featured with 3 different Heat Mode [Green Light (Low)/Blue Light (Medium)/Red Light (High)] up to 131℉/55℃ that can keep you warm for hours...
- Simply touch the button to adjust the temperature (Between 100℉/37.8℃ to 131℉/55℃). Automatically switch to BLUE (medium) after the RED (high)...
Chaheati MAXX Heated Add-On Seat
The Chaheati MAXX is an add-on seat. This means that you’d use it with your current camping chair. It attaches using hook-and-loop fasteners.
The Chaheati add-on has 3 temperature settings and both the seat and back heat up. It heats up to about 130 º F and includes an 11.1V lithium rechargeable battery and a charger. A second battery is available separately.
- Attaches to existing camping chairs with hook-and-loop fasteners.
- Includes 11. 1 Volt Lithium rechargeable battery and charger
- Chaheati 7V Heated Seat Cushion
- Chaheati 7V Heated Folding Camping Chair
KINGS TREK Heated Camping Chair
The Kings Trek heated camping chair has 3 heat settings and the temperature of the back and seat can be adjusted separately via the dual-control button.
Note that the battery of the Kings Trek turns off automatically once the temperature rises beyond 131º F.
It’s reported to stay warm for up to 10 hours on low, up to 6 hours on medium, and up to 3 hours on high.
The Kings Trek is made of 600D polyester and reinforced mesh for breathability, and the seat cushion is removable.
The frame is made of heavy-duty powder-coated steel giving it an excellent weight capacity of 350 pounds.
This model comes with a large-capacity shoulder carry bag with a total weight of just under 17 pounds.
- 【Smart Temperature Control】KINGS TREK heated camping chair features 3 adjustable heat settings (blues means low, white means medium and red...
- 【Best for All Seasons】KINGS TREK camping chair is designed for multi-season activities. The camping chair can be fully charged in 3-4 hours; quick...
ACELETIQS Wide Double Heated Stadium Seats for Bleachers with Back Support
This is a bit of a different type of heated seat and is actually intended to be a chair for bleachers. We thought we’d include it because it has back support, is cushioned, has 4 pockets and a cup holder, and includes a USB battery.
The seat is 20″ wide and waterproof, and can be heated to 115º F. The cushioning is high-density memory foam and the seat has 6 adjustable reclining positions as well as back support and padded armrests.
- MORE HEAT, MORE COMFORT - Take your comfort while watching your favorite sports games at the stadium to a next level, with our Double Heated Stadium...
- USB BATTERY INCLUDED - Our heated sports chair allows you to survive cold bleachers thanks to its heated mode. It features three settings of heat up...
Do You Use a Heated Camping Chair?
If you have a heated camping chair we’d love to know how you feel about it! What are the pros and cons and do you recommend it to your fellow RVers?
Geek Out with Us Every Week
Join our newsletter to learn about all things RV-related. Every week we offer free tips, tricks, product reviews, and more to our online community of RVers. So, whether this is your first time on the road or you’re a seasoned expert, we’d love for you to geek out with us!