This post may contain affiliate links.
As working-age full-time RVers running our business online, our technology needs might be a bit higher than most. But plenty of our gear would be useful for anyone. Come along for a tour as we share our Geek Tech!
John is our resident technology guru, so he’s giving the video tour (with a gracious introduction by Peter). Since tech changes so rapidly, it probably goes without saying that our 11-year-old motorhome has undergone some high-end mods to get where it is today. And because tech continues to advance every year, you can bet that our set-up will look different a few years from now, too.
If we were retired (or part-timers), all this tech would either be pure luxury, or more likely, we’d do without a fair amount of it. That adds yet another positive aspect to working full-time on the road — we can justify the expense of keeping our gear pretty cutting-edge because it’s all stuff we need for work (pay no attention to the Apple TV behind the curtain). ????
Recent & Related Videos:
- 21st Century RV Leveling — LevelMatePRO
- Boost Your RV WiFi Signal — Installing a WiFiRanger Elite Pack
- WiFiRanger Update: Improved Internet Access
- Xantrex 3000-watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Charger Upgrade
Featured & Related Products & Services:
- Airport Extreme Wireless Router
- QNAP 6-Bay NAS Enclosure
- Western Digital 4TB Disk
- WiFiRanger Elite Pack (use coupon code “WFRGEEKS” for 5% off)
- APC Uninterruptible Power Supply
- TP-Link Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- 50′ CAT6 Ethernet Cable
- Apple TV
- 3-port HDMI Switch
- 3′ HDMI Extension Cable
- 15′ Braided HDMI Cable
- Apple Lightning-to-HDMI AV Adapter
- Xantrex 3000-watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Charger
- Xantrex System Control Panel (SCP)
- Xantrex Network Cable Adapter (use existing 4-wire cable instead of running new 6-wire)
- LevelMatePRO Bluetooth Vehicle Leveling System
Sometimes we receive products for evaluation at no cost and may use affiliate links to the products and services from which we earn commissions. For example, as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. That said, it's important to us to let you know that our opinions are our own. We only recommend products we believe deliver real value and that we can confidently recommend without reservation. You also won’t pay an extra penny by using our links. Thanks so much for supporting RVgeeks as we work to create helpful RVing-related content that we hope enhances your RVing life!
Even though we're handy RVers, we're not professional technicians. So although we're happy with the techniques and products we use, you should be sure to confirm that all methods and materials are compatible with your equipment and abilities. Regardless of what we recommend, consult a professional if you're unsure about working on your RV. Any task you perform or product you purchase based on any information we provide is strictly at your own risk.