This post may contain affiliate links.
We’ve had flawless service from our Glendinning power cord reel for the past 13 years. But now that we need more space in the electrical compartment, we’re switching to one of their newer models that takes up less room. An added bonus is that we’ll be gaining 15 ‘ of extra cord!
Check out the video above for details about how and why we’re opening up this extra space. Then in Part Four, we’ll be doing the big installation of the new Xantrex e-GEN lithium battery. Part Five will show the installation of our awesome new Glendinning power cord reel. Actually, we should probably say “power power cord reel” since that’s technically what it is. ?
When we find RV products we absolutely love, we’re thrilled to be able to add them to our Discounts Page. We’re pleased to announce that Glendinning Products is now offering RVgeeks viewers a $70 DISCOUNT on their brand new CRMA50-12-RV50 50′ power cord reel (the exact same one we just installed). Order factory-direct from their store at GlendinningProds.com and use Coupon Code “RVGEEKS” at checkout to SAVE $70.00!
NOTE: The discount is valid only on the CRMA50-12-RV50
Hughes Autoformers also offers RVgeeks viewers a special discount. SAVE 10% when you order either a 30-amp (Model #RV2130-SP) or 50-amp (Model #RV220-50-SP) factory-direct at HughesAutoformers.com. Use Coupon Code “RVGEEKS” at checkout to get 10% OFF!
If you don’t know what an autoformer does, check out our video.
NOTE: The discount doesn’t apply to any other Hughes products, but these are the latest models, newer than our own!
Thanks to all of the fine companies that are participating in this project for providing the expertise, equipment and service required to get this big job done.
- Read more about the Freedom e-GEN Lithium System
- Watch Xantrex’s Playlist of videos about the Freedom e-Gen System
- Full Throttle Series AGMs by Fullriver Batteries
- Glendinning Products
- The brand new cord reel model we’re installing is now available directly from Glendinning.
- Hughes Autoformers (Save 10% on your entire purchase with coupon code “RVGEEKS”)
- DNA Custom Fabrication
- Pacific Mobile Power Systems
Stay tuned as our exciting project continues to unfold!
Recent & Related Videos:
- RV Lithium/AGM Battery & Electrical System Upgrade- Part 2: Battery Tray Expansion
- RV Lithium/AGM Battery & Electrical System Upgrade – Part 1: Project Intro
- Xantrex Inverter/Charger Installation
- Xantrex AGS & ComBox Installation
- How to Replace an RV Battery Bank
- Protect Your RV From Low Voltage – Hughes Autoformer
- Plugging in an RV (Dog Bones 101)
- How To Install The WeBoost Drive 4G-X Cellular Booster & 4G-OTR Antenna
- RV Maintenance: Part One — First Truck Centre
- RV Maintenance: Part Two — Decision Making + A Ticking Time Bomb!
- Newmar New Aire — First Impression: Space & Quality
Featured & Related Products:
Sometimes we receive products for evaluation at no cost and may use affiliate links to the products and services from which we earn commissions. For example, as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. That said, it's important to us to let you know that our opinions are our own. We only recommend products we believe deliver real value and that we can confidently recommend without reservation. You also won’t pay an extra penny by using our links. Thanks so much for supporting RVgeeks as we work to create helpful RVing-related content that we hope enhances your RVing life!
Even though we're handy RVers, we're not professional technicians. So although we're happy with the techniques and products we use, you should be sure to confirm that all methods and materials are compatible with your equipment and abilities. Regardless of what we recommend, consult a professional if you're unsure about working on your RV. Any task you perform or product you purchase based on any information we provide is strictly at your own risk.